I didn’t cook for a long while since last summer. We took the girls for our first family vocation at Disney World and accustomed to the eating out routine. Apparently, not only my bank account have burned out, so do all the creative cooking urge inside me. I am glad to say the cooking sense is coming back slowly because I am tired of the same few good restaurants around town.
First recipe in 2015 and after this long cooking break – Mexican Chicken Tostada Recipe. Our family just love Mexican food so much. I can’t help it, there are only two things to cook, the rest is the usual stack and assemble, even my little girls can make it.Mexican Chicken Tostada Recipe (Serve 4)
1 pound Fajita Chicken (Seasoned, store brought)
10 pieces Fresh Tortilla (store brought)
2 Avocados (seeded and sliced)
1 can Refried Beans
To taste Sour Cream
To taste Pico de gallo (recipe here)
To taste Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (Optional, garnish)
1. Heat cast iron pan over medium high heat, add 2 teaspoons of peanut oil, cook fajita chicken until fully cooked (reach 165F degree). Cube the chicken and set aside.
2. Fill and preheat deep fryer to 400F degree, prep the rest of ingredients while waiting for oil to heat up. (Heat up the refried beans now if you like it hot.)
3. Place tortilla into deep fryer basket one at a time, fry for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Lined a paper towel on a baking sheet, place fired tortilla on it to soak up excess grease.
5. Start assemble the tostada as pictures below or any order you feel like, add or skip the ingredients as desired.
6. Add sriracha hot chili sauce if you like spicy food. (Warning: it is a very spicy sauce, try a little before you pour half a bottle on it.)
This is how I assembled mine tostada in order:
Fried tortilla, refried beans, fajita chicken, pico de gallo, sour cream, avocado, cheese and a good few drops of sriracha hot chili sacue. (I love spicy food, so I consumed way more than you see in the picture.)